Hair Care Tips
RAW & Virgin Extensions
Always wash your hair extensions first before installation. Hair comes shampooed & conditioned but we still advise you to co-wash them. For BEST results only use our highly recommended products!!
RAW & Virgin hair mimics the natural hair process. To get the most out of your extensions treat our hair extensions as if it were your own or BETTER! Avoid Excessive heat; avoid use of heavy oils and products that can weigh the extensions down. To ensure extensions stay frizz-free and lightweight you must co-wash extensions before installing and weekly to prevent product build up. Allow hair to air dry after rinsing for best results preferably in the sun.
Shampoo & Conditioner MUST HAVES that come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! These products have been tested and approved for our RAW & Virgin Extensions.
Recommended Products for Deep Curly, Burmese Curly and SEA Curl
Moroccan Argan Crème Conditioner
Extra Strength Damage Remedy +Coconut Miracle Oil Conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair
Curls Unleashed Leave in Conditioner Sulfate-Free Hydrating Cream Conditioner
SEA Straight, SEA Wavy and Indian Wavy
Garnier Fructis Triple Shampoo/Condition
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
Moroccan Argan Crème Conditioner
Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo/Condition
Coconut Miracle Oil Conditioner + Extra Strength Damage Remedy
These products will make your RAW & Virgin strands feel like butter and keep them shiny and healthy. Always Co wash your hair extensions more than you shampoo. If you want to maintain mended ends, the moisture levels in your extensions and ensure longevity use these only. Trust us our hair LOVES this stuff!
The key to maintaining RAW & Virgin hair is to make sure it’s not being overly manipulated, heavily processed and weighed down by product. Use a pea to a dime size of lightweight oil to keep your extensions shiny, featherweight, bouncy, manageable and beautiful.
Always detangle extensions while wet it makes them less subject-able to breakage. Also, before bed use a silk bonnet, scarf or pillowcase to allow moisture to stay within the strands of your extensions which will result in longer lasting hair.
Want to give your extensions an extra boost of love and lusciousness?
Place hair extensions in a zip lock bag, seal it and let them sit for 10-15 mins rinse it out and allow hair extensions to air dry.
Use the over and under method along with the fold over method when installing your hair to ensure minimal to no shedding. Not required, but you may seal your wefts using a good quality weft sealant. Also, we don’t recommend cutting your wefts only when absolutely necessary.
CURLY & WAVY TEXTURES
MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR WASH DAY
- Do not brush or comb hair extensions when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to break off.
- Let air dry. If you can dry outside in sunlight even better.
- When damp add a light oil such as coconut or argon oil
- Scrunch hair gently to enhance curls and relieve excess water.
- Rinse hair extensions thoroughly.
- ONLY detangle using wide tooth comb, 9 row Denman brush and/or wide tooth paddle brush.
- DO NOT massage hair extensions.
- Let out water then repeat the top step but with conditioner this time. Dunk your extensions in the water with conditioner for about 3 mins this time use a recommended tool from the start of the process. Allow hair to sit in conditioner for 5-10 mins.
- Submerge and dunk your extensions in the water repeatedly while finger detangling for about 3 mins. After that brush or comb extensions with the recommended tools shown below. After about 3-5 mins totally rinse extensions well.
- Add a nice amount of one of the highly recommended shampoo & conditioners to the water.
- Fill sink less than half way or fill a nice bowl in the sink with lukewarm water.
CO-WASH RECOMMENDED AT LEAST 1-2 TIMES A WEEK
SHAMPOO EXTENSIONS AS NEEDED. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE CO-WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS MORE THAN SHAMPOOING.
We Strongly And Only Recommend Using These Hair Brushes
Denman’s 9 Row Detangle brush
RECOMMENDED HAIR OILS
These oils are recommended for 2-3 times a week use on all our RAW & Virgin textures to maintain shine and manageability
HAIR MIST Organ Oil Spray: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless healing Dry Oil.